Have you ever found yourself wondering how to make money on Craigslist?
The site is a virtual online smorgasbord of ways to make money if you know how to do it. There are at least five easy ways to earn money through the services offered on Craigslist. The coolest thing about Craigslist is its completely free to join, visit your community, check out groups and list items or services.
- One of the most popular ways to make money on Craigslist is to clean out all the unused and unwanted items that are just cluttering up the place; practice a little feng shui, and list them on Craigslist. Make sure they’re in good used condition, give contact instructions, and then go meet them to exchange item for money. Presto a clean house equals a quick profit.
- The second way you can earn money is to go to the ‘gigs’ section and see what is available in your area that you might be willing to do. People are always looking for someone to walk a dog, sit with an elderly loved one, take junior to soccer practice, or play for their wedding. Whatever your passion or hobby you should be able to find a gig or several gigs to keep you busy. You can also list your services and what you’d charge for your services. What a fun way to make money doing something you love.
- The third way to make money on Craigslist is to buy and resell items. One way to accomplish this is to look in the free section to get items at no cost or a low price. If you’re handy with a hammer or scissors you can fix up the item and resell it for a profit. Many of the top buyers and sellers on Craigslist know that you must get up early in the morning to get the best deals. Craigslist bumps older listings to the end of the page or off completely and puts the newest ones first. This keeps the freshest items on the top. What that means to any serious Craigslister is that you must refresh your item frequently. In order to relist your item you need to delete the old one and then add the new ad. Always make sure the ad is concise and catchy.
- Of course there is a section for jobs offered in your city. Most of the jobs will be either temporary or permanent but they are primarily part time. There is no cap on how many jobs you can take or apply for on Craigslist so your chances of successfully finding a job are pretty good.
- If you enjoy buying and reselling you may want to consider opening an online store and becoming a merchant. Once you open your e-commerce business you can list items on Craigslist then direct your customers to your website. This can be a particularly profitable way to utilize some of the services offered on the Craigslist site. You can also join forums in your city to talk about your business and promote yourself and what you have to offer.
Many people are making a lot of money online and one of the best places to do it is on Craigslist. Whether you are an online retailer or a brick and mortar store, Craigslist is a great place to promote your business.