Here are 10 quick sales tips you can use as a sales-generator for your business.
1. Get in the habit of sending at least five hand written notes every day. Be sure you send a note to anyone (internal and external customers) who helps you make a sale. To add a touch of class use a fountain pen with blue ink.
2. To free up your hands and to add significant energy to every phone call use a headset. Plantronics offers a complete selection of styles to choose from.
3. Another telephone tip is to use a 5 X 7 mirror positioned next to your telephone to make sure you’re smiling throughout the entire call. It makes a huge difference.
4. If you are a MapQuest.com user you might want to try maps.google.com, which I believe has a better service.
5. Never ask the question, “How soon do you need it?” Common responses to that question include, “Yesterday, ASAP, today, and right away.” The response to this question usually puts you into a reactive mode.
6. Use a timer, when working in your office, to measure how much time you’re spending on phone calls and to allocate time for projects you need to get done.
7. Establish a written sales goal, expressed in dollars, for every selling day!
8. Invest 15 minutes every day to prepare a written prioritized plan for the day.
9. Invest 15 minutes every day to read a book or to listen to a CD to increase your competitive advantage.
10. Make every day a masterpiece. William Watson Purkey says it best
when he says:
Dance like nobody’s watching;
Love like you’ve never been hurt.
Sing like nobody’s listening
Live like it’s heaven on earth.
Please don’t send me an e-mail telling me Mark Twain is the author of
this – Purkey is!
These sales tips are little things, but of course you know in sales
little things mean everything!
Start selling more . . .